Prerequisites for working with TraceMetrics: JDK 7 must be installed on your machine.
Command to install JDK 7 on Ubuntu OS is:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk
Option 1: If you have already installed ns-3, follow the steps given below:
1. Copy the file named
from this directory: ns-allinone-3.xx/ns-3.xx/examples/tcp
and paste it into the following directory: ns-allinone-3.xx/ns-3.xx/scratch
2. Go to ns-allinone-3.xx/ns-3.xx via terminal and give the following command to run tcp-bulk-send.cc
./waf --run "scratch/tcp-bulk-send --tracing=true"
You may Skip Option 2 and Option 3 and directly read "How to use TraceMetrics" Section!
Option 2: If you have not yet installed ns-3, follow the steps given below:
1. Install ns-3. I have written a separate post for installation of ns-3. Here is the link:
2. After successfully installing ns-3, follow the steps given in "Option 1" of this post.
How to use TraceMetrics
Follow the steps given below to start analyzing "tcp-bulk-send.tr" by using TraceMetrics:
1. Download TraceMetrics from the following link:
2. Unzip the downloaded file i.e., tracemetrics-1.3.0.zip.