This patch is a slight modification of the original patch and is designed for ns-2.31, mainly to be used along with TCP Evaluation Suite, which is available for ns-2.31 only. However, you can also use it without the TCP Evaluation Suite.
TCP Evaluation Suite is a standard tool used for the analysis of newly proposed TCP Variants, especially High-Speed TCP Variants. The simulation code of TCP Evaluation Suite is based on original Linux TCP Code.
CoDel's ns-2.31 patch is designed mainly to assist the community to analyze the interaction of CoDel with existing TCP Variants while using TCP Evaluation Suite.
Contributed by: Dipesh Raghuvanshi
Following are the steps to be followed to apply given patch to ns-2.31:
1. Download ns-allinone-2.31.tar.gz
2. Download CoDel-ns-2.31.patch
3. Unzip ns-allinone-2.31.tar.gz. You will get a folder named ns-allinone-2.31
4. Paste the downloaded patch in this folder.
5. Give the following command:
patch -p1 > CoDel-ns-2.31.patch
6. Then give ./install
If you already have an installed copy of ns-allinone-2.31, then follow the steps given below to apply the CoDel patch:
1. Paste the downloaded patch in ns-allinone-2.31 folder.
2. Give the following command: